Vol. II No. 06 3/15/2021
During the Time of COVID
1. Historic Small Restaurant Grants
As a Stockbridge resident and customer, I was asked to support a grant application made by Tiffany's Restaurant housed in Elm Street Market. American Express and the National Historic Trust are offering grants to aid small restaurants negatively impacted by COVID with special attention to those owned by minorities and women. The market and restaurant have served Stockbridge for almost 100 years. Please see my letter of support under Stockbridge History.
2. Berkshire Botanical Garden Programs
- March 17: Turning Lawns into Meadows (online)* JUST ADDED!
- March 20: Clean Composting 101*
- March 21: Dumplings from Scratch FULLY REGISTERED
- March 27: Ready, Set Grow! Seed Starting*
- April 9: How to Use Tools the Right Way
- April 10: Spring Pruning of Woody Ornamental Plants
- April 10: Spring/Summer Hive Management
- April 11: Seed Starting for the New Cutting Garden*
3. Get Vaccinated
Every day the ability to get your shot increases. Now vaccinations are available to those who are 65 years old, teachers and school workers, and folks with underlying conditions. The amount of vaccine is increasing and therefore the difficulty getting an appointment will decrease.
Openings in the Time of COVID
- Schools — Reopening for full time in-person learning
- Elementary Schools on April 5
- Middle Schools on April 28
- Canyon Ranch