Vol. II No. 06 3/15/2021
The 2021 Town Election
Stockbridge Updates will publish "Stockbridge Candidates Q & A"
Stockbridge Updates invites all those running to retain their seats and those challenging them to please contact Stockbridge Updates and schedule an interview. In the May 1 issue, before election day, SU will print or videotape the candidates' opening statements and answers to three questions.
To assure fairness, we will collect statements and answers whenever the candidate is ready and post them all in the same issue. Contact SU to be included in "Stockbridge Candidates Q & A". Thank you. An informed electorate is the first priority of Stockbridge Updates.
Taken out papers:
- Donald Chabon Select Board
- Christine Rasmussen: Planning Board
- Jamie Minacci: Moderator
- Jimmy Welch: Housing Authority
- Gary Pitney: Planning Board & Board of Assessors
- Charles Kenny: Board of Health
Collected signatures and returned papers:
- Donald Schneyer: Water & Sewer Commissioner
- Gary Johnston: Moderator
- Mark Faber: Tree Warden
- Chuck Cardillo: Select Board
Open seats in 2021
- 3-year terms: Moderator, Selectman, Board of Assessors, Board of Health, Tree Warden, Sewer and Water Commission
- 5-year terms: Planning Board, Planning Board, Housing Authority
- Appointments: Finance Committee, Berkshire Regional Planning Commission - alternate
The current occupants of the seats are:
- Gary Johnston, Moderator
- Ernest (Chuckie) Cardillo, Selectman
- Gary Pitney, Chair, Board of Assessors
- Charles Kenny, Chair, Board of Health
- Peter Curtin, Tree Warden
- Donald Schneyer, Chair, Sewer and Water Commission
- Christine Rasmussen, Planning Board
- Gary Pitney, Planning Board
- James Welch, Housing Authority
- Jay Bikofsky, Chair, Finance Committee
Thank you all for your service. Good luck to you and to the contenders.
The people currently in the seats may choose to run again or decline to run. All those wishing to run will return nomination papers with requisite signatures by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 to gain a place on the printed ballot.
Carole Owens, Managing Editor
Detail from the David Dudley Field inscription at Ice Glen.