Vol. II No. 10 5/15/2021
Notes from Sewer and Water Commission May 4 via Zoom
- Donald Schneyer, Chairman
- John Loiodice
- Peter J. Socha
- Jennifer Carmichael, Secretary
Also present: Michael Buffoni, Water Superintendent and Tony Campetti, Sewer Superintendent
Chair: "Kudos to Peter Socha for work on the Town Report. Thank you to Stockbridge Updates for Rick Wilcox' "piece on history of our sewers — interesting to read."
- The relocation of the Curtisville sewer complete. Still to do — complete cleanup, repave, replace and tie in fence to discourage any walkers across bridge.
- Larrywaug Bridge — Dig Safe completed and gone on May 4th; anticipate work completed by October 31. If not complete, Maximillian pays $1000/day according to the contract.
- Mike Buffoni will be making Robo-calls to inform Stockbridge residents when he will be doing his annual hydrant flushing.
- Tony Campetti gave an overview of the monitoring requirements and reporting limits of our plant. He reported everything looks fine and will remain the same "which is positive".
- Pump Station status — motion to place on warrant. The money for the pump station will be in the form of a loan to take advantage of low interest rates. The 20-year note will be repaid interest only until 2025 and then principal and interest. Motion passed.
- Loiodice reported on Stockbridge Bowl Stewardship Committee (SBSC): the dredging plan, the harvesting plan, and the request for Lake Drive to be connected to the sewer. (For details see Notes from SBSC)
- Glendale Pump Station. There were complaints about an odor. The "drum scrubber" appears to have solved odor problem and now there is the problem of the noise from drum scrubber. While there is no such thing as a silent motor, several suggestions were made to muffle the sound "to try and keep everyone happy."
- All in the Sewer, Water and Highway Departments have been vaccinated.
- The "cut" of wood around reservoir going forward. The Ash and Popular trees are dying, and trees cut down will be distributed for firewood.
The meeting was adjourned.
Beaver swimming in the Bowl. Photo: Patrick White