Vol. II No. 11 6/1/2021
Notes from the Board of Assessors Meeting May 17 via Zoom
- Gary Pitney, Chair
- Doug Goudy
- Tom Stokes
- Michael Blay, Town Assessor
- Michael Blay reported:
- A second Homeowners Study to be conducted next year.
- Mapping of Stockbridge done with buildings and assessed values. Goudy asked if the assessed value was full market value, and if not, recommended
- it should be.
- Appellate Tax Cases: DeSisto postponed until Sept. 28, 2021. Other applications are from Camp Mahkeenac and Front Porch LLC (Elm Court). Need current appraisals. For example, Elm Court listed for sale at $12,500,000 but assessed at $6.800.000. Goudy pointed out that assessment should be based on full market value.
- All requests for exemption reimbursements filed on time.
- For the first time, in a long time, farmland evaluations remained the same.
- The Town accountant retired. Terri Iemolini filing in until new accountant hired.
- Although it appears Town Offices will open June 1, there are undecided matters. (a) Masks required? (b) Will meetings in Town Offices also be on Zoom? (c) Will the gym rather than smaller offices be used to allow social distancing during meetings?
- Carry over of unexpended funds left in budget administrative not on Warrant.
- 504 valuations (utilities property) ongoing.
a. Candidates for position of Town Accountant will be interviewed by the Select Board on June 1 via Zoom. Find link at Town Website. Decision scheduled for June 3.
b. 504 valuations are evaluation of utilities' property (e.g. telephone poles, etc.) using a method determined and adopted by the Appellate Tax Board.
Photo: Patrick White