Vol. II No. 12 6/15/2021
Notes from the Board of Health (BOH) May 26 via Zoom
- Charles Kenney, Chair
- Henry Schwerner
- Rae Williams
Also present: Jennifer Carmichael, secretary, Jim Wiltz, Tri-town Health
- Chair called meeting to order.
- Jim Wiltz read the rules of remote meetings (apparently required) as follows: there will be public access in real time; every effort made to allow remote participation, minutes posted as soon as practicable, and votes taken by roll call (that is name and vote e.g. John Doe: Aye)
- Minutes of last meeting approved.
- Vote to withdraw from the Berkshire Mosquito Control Program – unanimous.
- Kenny expressed support for Stockbridge Bowl Stewardship Committee (SBSC) becoming a commission. Asked for vote – unanimous.
- Covid restrictions loosening while the suggestion is to continue restrictions for those not vaccinated because the number of cases among unvaccinated is "very high".
- Tanglewood – attendance pre-Covid could be as high as 18,000.
- Suggestion to allow 9000 and to have joint Public Hearing with Lenox to agree on suggestion. BOH felt it "dangerous" to go from being closed last season to 100% attendance.
- Representative Smitty Pignatelli present at meeting and concurred. He added most concerts have 5000-6000 attendees and are unaffected by restriction of 9000.
- Motion for joint public hearing to suggest 9000 audience size limit approved.
Photo: Lionel Delevingne