Vol. II No. 12 6/15/2021
Notes from Water and Sewer Commission June 1 via Zoom
- Clint Schneyer, Chair
- John Loiodice
- Peter J. Socha
Also present: Jennifer Carmichael, Secretary; Michael Buffoni, Water Superintendent;Tony Campetti, Sewer Superintendent
- Minutes accepted as written.
- Report by Michael Buffoni
- Sink hole the approximate size of a dinner plate in front of Elm Street Market and another across street by post office driveway. Buffoni does not think either is of major concern, but in an abundance of caution, is calling in Dig Safe.
- He will Hydro flush soon. Will put out a Code Red (phone calls to residents) when date certain.
- $175,000 left from Highway Garage project. Might use for paving and installing a security gate on Averic Road; intends to pave or gravel apron on Patrick – Averic Road??road this year.
- Both the odor and noise coming from the Glendale Pump Station remediated with new drum scrubber, 6x6 shed with 3 ½ "insulation.
- Loiodice reported from the SBSC – 2 Mohawk Lake Road is requesting to be connected to sewer. It is permitted and Schneyer and Campetti will sign off.
- Question about future meetings of Commission now that Town Offices open – will meetings be Zoomed as well?
- Buffoni concerned about a "water hauler" (a business that buys water from Stockbridge) who has not paid his bill. He cannot continue to haul water until bill paid ($3800) however does the regulation have teeth? Are there any interest and penalties due on unpaid balance? Are rates too low? To be discussed further
Photo: Lionel Delevingne