Vol. II No. 13 7/1/2021
Notes from SB meeting June 17 via Zoom
submitted by Meryl Phair
- Roxanne McCaffrey, Chair
- Patrick White
- Chuck Cardillo
Also present: Michael Canales
- McCaffrey continued decision on Annual Entertainment license by Handcrafted Catering for use at 2 Depot Street until June 24th at 6:30pm.
- National Grid Pole Public Hearing. Steven Hayward from National Grid requested four new poles be installed on the Prospect Hill side of Rattlesnake Mountain Road to provide service for a new residence being built on the road. The line will be extended from the existing line on Prospect Hill. Property owner voiced concern about the poles. SB approved pole construction.
- Meeting minutes from June 1st and June 3rd were approved.
- Kate Fletcher will give an update on the Cat and Dog Fountain project June 24th at 6:30pm.
- Michael Buffoni, Water Superintendent, updated Curtisville bridge project.
- The bridge is currently closed to the public and all forms of traffic for safety reasons. However, there have been reports from neighbors about people utilizing the bridge. "Keep Off" signs have been ordered and will be placed on both ends of the bridge. The remaining requirement is to find ways to further secure the bridge from pedestrians.
- The cement pillars to inhibit vehicles will be replaced with fieldstone blocks to make them more visually appealing after receiving input from neighbors.
- There is currently a chain link fence to keep people off the bridge. White pointed out that Stockbridge has a no chain link fence bylaw but the SB agreed there is currently no other way to better secure the area, as it is a safety issue.
- Tony Campetti, Sewer Superintendent, reported on pump station.
- Funding is now available.
- Campetti confirmed if the engineer got started this month, the plans would be done in October, early November at the latest, and a contractor would be on board for spring construction.
- There was an update from the Highway Department by Hugh Page.
- A new yield sign and stop sign have gone up on Pine Street.
- The pothole on the corner of Rt. 183 and Larrywaug Cross Road has been filled as well as the pothole in front of the Post Office.
- Funding for the security camera for the Sewer Department will be available July 1st; camera will be ordered soon after. Highway Department might also potentially be able to use the security camera as well for upcoming projects.
- Four new speed monitors strategically placed around Town.
- New signs going up to direct traffic on North Church Street and Larrywaug Cross Road.
- Page brought in an example of the new bear proof trash and recycling cans which were approved by the Board.
- Canales gave an update on the current bridge projects.
- The Curtisville bridge project is almost fully complete with a few remaining punch list items mainly regarding security as noted by Buffoni.
- The Larrywaug bridge construction is moving forward with no hiccups. The North and South footings were installed over the last week.
- The Averic Road bridge repair is scheduled to start in August with a completion date of October.
- Canales also reported: he will be connecting with MassDOT and Page about identifying road projects for the upcoming year. The Highway Dept garage roof is anticipated to be done this week.
- Michael Buffoni noted Don Schneyer, not Clint Schneyer, is Chair of the Water and Sewer Commission.
Editor's Note: Please see Reader to Reader, letter from Mike Buffoni, correctly locating the security gate.
Field at Stockbridge Bowl Association's Bullard Woods. Photo: Patrick White