Vol. II No. 13 7/1/2021
Notes from the Planning Board Meeting June 15 via Zoom
- Marie Raftery, Vice Chair
- Carl Sprague
- Katherine Fletcher
- Wayne Slosek
- Gary Pitney
- Jennifer Carmichael, secretary
- Minutes approved.
- Form A-90 East Street (Cardillo Family Realty Trust) Apparently would divide a tract owned by the Trust into individual lots owned by different family members. No road frontage would be involved — near Route 7 and Mass Pike. Approved unanimously.
- Teresa O'Brient requested a sign for new location (record store moving from Main Street to Mews). It will be the same size as existing sign and placed above door. Approved.
- Casablanca is moving into former location of Vlada's — sign approved.
- Consultant Phil Arnold presented third draft of Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Bylaw. A discussion ensued. Is an ADU only a domicile or could it be a business? Pitney suggested it could be a business if no impact on neighborhood. Is acceptable maximum size 800 square feet? Can there be an ADU on an upper story? Unclear what decisions were made.
- What followed was a discussion of the opinions of the PB members re: NRPZ as suggested by Raftery. Please see Town Square for four of the PB members' comments; hope that other three will forward their comments soon.
Form A is the division of a tract of land into two or more lots as specified in Massachusetts General Laws.
Is the relationship between the consultants and PB backwards? The discussion sharing the opinions of NRPZ by PB members a year after the consultants started working seems very late. The discussion, prelude to a PB decision on direction and goals, should come before the consultants' work. Our elected officials, PB members, are the deciders and consultants facilitate implementation — not the other way around.
Forest at Stockbridge Bowl Association's Bullard Woods. Photo: Patrick White