Vol. II No. 19 10/1/2021
Notes from the Board of Assessors, September 7, Hybrid meeting
- Gary Pitney, Chair
- Doug Goudey
- Michael Blay, Town Assessor
Present via Zoom:
- Tom Stokes
- Gary Pitney
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) certified the LA3 and LA15 classifications of real and personal property tax classifications. Expected to certify LA4 and LA 14 very soon. (LA-3, LA-15 LA-4, LA-13 & LA-15 are property classification codes based on property use..
- The 504s (MA Class Code 504 is "business personal property owned by regulated public utility companies") are completed.
- Next step is a Tax Classification Public Hearing. Results will then be submitted to Select Board for setting tax rate.
- Changes in Stockbridge in both new growth and increased valuation of property are significant according to Blay. This will affect taxes. Blay wants to take time posting the new tax rate both because of changes and also because of new staff at Town Hall.
- The Appellate Tax Board hearing for 37 Interlaken (DeSisto School) set for September 28. At issue is the property owner's desire to defer taxes and the Town's refusal. The Tax Board will decide. Blay hopes it is not postponed.
- The Payments in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) Program had its first meeting post COVID-19. Stokes reported that he, Jay Bikofsky, Gary Pitney, and Roxanne McCaffrey, Select Board Representative, met. Peter Strauss was present and nominated to serve (SB approved). Stokes would like a woman to join as well. PILOT will prepare a report on process for approval and then proceed to contact the nonprofits.
- Motion made to add $100,000 to the Overlay account. Motion passed unanimously.
Rustic Rental? Photo: Patrick White .