Vol. II No. 21 11/1/2021
The administration of vaccines has now shifted to nonprofit healthcare organizations and retail pharmacies. For more information about where, when, and how to get vaccinated — for those 12 years and older and for those seeking the booster — call your pharmacy or visit:
- Berkshire Health Systems: Vaccination Information
- Community Health Programs Mobile Health Unit Vaccination Information
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Fairview Hospital and the Berkshire Public Health Alliance have announced three upcoming flu clinics in different southern Berkshire towns that are open to all community members. Due to COVID-19 precautions, pre-registration is required for all clinics. Please register online at https://home.color.com/vaccine/register/berkshire. This link provides choice of location and registration information.
- Thursday, October 28th at Farmington River Regional School, 555 N Main Rd, Otis, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 2nd, at the W.E.B. DuBois Regional Middle School at 313 Monument Valley Rd, Great Barrington from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday November 9th at Mt Everett Regional High School at491 Berkshire School Rd, Sheffield, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Participants will be required to wear a mask while at the clinic and are asked to wear a short sleeve shirt if possible. Please do not come if you are ill on the day of the clinic. Those registered will receive vaccine that is quadrivalent and preservative free. A limited amount of nasal mist will be available for people ages 2-49 who meet health requirements. High dose formulation vaccine will not be available. There is no charge for the vaccination, but if you have insurance, please bring a copy of the front and back of your insurance card if possible. For more information, please contact Heather Barbieri, Director of Emergency Management at Fairview Hospital at (413) 854-9656
Photo: Lis Wheeler.