Vol. II No. 21 11/1/2021
Notes from the Select Board (SB)
October 21, Hybrid Meeting
- Roxanne McCaffrey, Chair
- Patrick White
- Chuck Cardillo
Also present: Michael Canales, Town Administrator; Ron Brouker, Chair Conservation Commission; Nicole Fairoux, Parks and Recreation
- Minutes approved as written
- Six new members appointed to Cultural Council as others step down. The membership will be 10 — a range of 5 – 22 is permitted.
- Reserve fund transfer ($40,488.76) approved. $37,011.24 remaining in that fund. White wanted to make clear there are additional reserve funds with amounts over $1,000,000 — Stockbridge is not reduced to $37,000 on hand.
- Brouker requested support for a Conservation Agent for Stockbridge or in concert with other towns e.g., a Tri-town Agent. He listed the many issues before ConCom including tree removal, house demolitions and construction around The Bowl, and the Lake Drive Association's need for connection to town sewer or some other solution for failing septic systems. With meetings, permit requests, and site visits, the volunteer Commission could use the help. Apparently, this request has been before the SB for some time and the hope is it will be acted upon soon. In addition, Brouker thanked Hugh Page for cleanup at Transfer Station, and reported on progress at Gould Meadows including the barn being closed in and primed for painting.
- Nicole Fairoux talked about the issues before Parks and Recreation including relocation of kayak racks, improvement to beach parking lot and request for proposals to repair tennis courts and re-fence them. She mentioned the vacancy on the Highway Department and urged to SB to fill it. The Highway Department under Supervisor Hugh Page does much for Parks and Recreation and a full staff would be so helpful. Cardillo recommended devising a plan for improving the playgrounds and offered to help.
- Canales gave project reports on the bridges and the Chime Tower. They are all "on track".
Photo: Jay Rhind.