Vol. II No. 22 11/15/2021
Notes from the Board of Assessors, November 1, Hybrid meeting
- Gary Pitney, Chair
- Michael Blay, Town Assessor
- Doug Goudey
- Tom Stokes via Zoom
- Tammy Touponce, Secretary
- The tax rate has been set. It is $9.38 per thousand
- The tax bills are being printed. Probably, they will be mailed the week of November 8.
- In the tax bill, there will be an insert or message printed on bill, indicating that you can overpay.
- As some are hesitant to attend in person, classes required for Massachusetts assessors will be hybrid.
- Apparently, there are tax rebated for solar panels, but the particulars were unclear.
- Tax deferments are issued after January 1; the first tax installment must be paid in full.
- The Payment in Lieu of Taxes program is moving forward. Stokes is rewriting the questionnaire. He will distribute and will follow up with a call or visit.
- Pitney, Blay remembered Eugene Talbot fondly.
Editor's note: From the Chair, Board of Assessors, Gary Pitney, "People overpay their taxes so that the excess can go into a fund for folks who are having a hard time paying their property taxes. There are rules and regulations that apply. The major one being your first-half tax bill has to be paid in full or on a payment plan that is current."
Getting ready for winter. Photo: Jay Rhind.