Vol. II No. 22 11/15/2021
Notes from Water and Sewer Commission November 2 — Hybrid Meeting
- Don Schneyer, Chair
- Peter Socha
Also present: Jennifer Carmichael, Secretary; Michael Blay, Town Assessor; Tony Campetti, Superintendent Sewer; Michael Buffoni, Water Superintendent
- Minutes accepted
- Campetti reported on Park Street. It appeared folks may have been dumping other water — e.g. from a sump pump — into sewer. A letter was sent asking them to cease and desist, but Campetti saw no change. Next steps will be to notify, visit households, and fine those continuing to violate. It is a fine per day. Then there will be follow up to determine problem repaired.
- There is tree removal necessary on Park Street (see Tree Warden's Public Hearing)
- Buffoni reported
- Hydro-flushing will take place within days, residents will receive Robo-call informing them
- Work on bridge (Rte. 183) completed soon and work will move to Averic Road bridge.
- Tuckerman Bridge requires further analysis before any work can commence.
- They discussed excess pipe — purchased but not used — and whether it could be sold to recoup costs.
- Water sampling was not done in October, but the last sampling of the year will be in November.
- RDA submitted to Conservation Commission. It will be considered at ConCom November meeting and then go out for bids.
- Water tanks must be inspected yearly. Buffoni will work with either a fireman or a painter to check the circumference of the two tanks.
- The Chair recognized Stockbridge Updates and its "special thank you" to Hugh Page.
Editor's note: RDA is a Request for Determination of Applicability. It is a form alerting ConCom that a project is being planned and triggers a site visit to determine if ConCom has jurisdiction.
Cherry Bounce Road. Photo: Patrick White.