Vol. II No. 24 12/15/2021
Notes from the Water and Sewer Commission, December 7, Hybrid meeting
- Don Schneyer, Chair
- John Loiodice
- Michael Buffoni, Water Superintendent
- Tony Campetti, Sewer Superintendent
- Jennifer Carmichael, Secretary
- Waterline flushing completed
- Water Tank inspection completed; awaiting report
- Tuckerman Bridge — information gathering
- Park Street Pump Station — tree removed, Conservation Commission approvals obtained, awaiting final draft for design; within 2-3 weeks will be out for bids.
- Park Street inspections — letter of notice to inspect approved and will be sent to affected residents
- Larrywaug Bridge — attach guardrail and open
- Preventative maintenance on high lift pump (out of treatment plant — cost to do work under $50,0000 (est. $23,000/ each to overhaul) so can go forward
- Our water surplus is good
- Proposal to set aside $150,000 for water/sewer emergencies
- Paul Sundberg is spearheading investigation into possible sewer hookup in neighborhood around Averic Road. Obtaining cost estimates
- Buffoni wishes to know: how much does our reservoir hold?
- Buffoni made suggestion that Town investigate using water for power: water moves at 500 gallons/minute and that could generate electricity — he is looking into it as a renewable source of energy and cost saving. Idea well-received.
Photo: Jay Rhind