Vol. III No. 12 6/15/2022
Notes from Tri-Town Board of Health (BOH), June 6, Hybrid Meeting
- Charlie Kenny, Chair
- Dianne Romeo
- John Loiodice
- Hank Schwerner
- Noel Blagg
- John Kearns
- Bob Wespiser
- Jayne Smith
- Jim Wilusz, Executive Director
- Bob Jones, Lee Select Board
- Tim Gray, Housatonic River Initiative
- March 3 minutes approved as written
- April 16 Open Meeting Law — complaint — referred to Town Counsel. "Not found to be in violation." Matter closed
- Jones and Gray requested a discussion with Tri-Town BOH about the Rest of River contract. Are there health implications? With additional information would BOH take a position? Wespiser said BOH should hear them out; Schwerner "more education the better", move to hold an education session, passed unanimously
- Smith, Shared Services Nurse, discussed "sharps" disposal. Proposed to have three disposal units in South County — one in Lee, one in Great Barrington, and one in Alford in addition to the two — one at Fairview and one in Egremont — that exist now. Discussion about pros/cons of the disposal being inside a building or outside. For now, units will be inside.
- Questions for BOH: should BOH restrict smoking bars? Should BOH restrict flavored tobacco products? Should BOH revisit tobacco regulations?
- Reminder that there is a collaborative program with Austen Riggs at the Marian Fathers — July 9 — about dealing with psychological effects of COVID.
- Meeting adjourned
Photo: Lionel Delevingne