Vol. III No. 14 7/15/2022
Notes from the Water and Sewer Commission, July 5, Hybrid meeting
- Peter Socha
- John Loiodice
- Michael Buffoni, Superintendent Water
- Tony Campetti, Superintendent Sewer
- Michael Canales
- Daniel Pincus via Zoom
- Buffoni reports:
- Requests for Bids for a construction trailer went unanswered because they would not be able to deliver for a year or more. One company did respond, and order was placed with that company
- New software ordered for Water billing
- GZA is consultant for water quality in Reservoir — data collection and analysis
- In an earlier meeting, Buffoni suggested using water to manufacture power. Town has now received grant *($10,000) for a feasibility study.
- Study will answer question: does Reservoir have water pressure and continuity of flow to justify equipment costs to create hydropower? The result of the study will be a recommendation that it is or is not "worthwhile to pursue.
- Campetti reports:
- Inflow and Infiltration (I&I) Study — Phases 1 and 2 finishing up. Will use same company for Phase 3
- Phase 3 will begin shortly
- Buffoni asked about service on Goodrich Street — residents getting water but basic problem not yet solved
- SBSC report by Loiodice:
- Lack of motor for harvester biggest issue as the other harvester is not as versatile
- Suggestion we may sell that one — there is a market for it and it may not be best model for Bowl
- Water testing in The Bowl continues
- Daniel Pincus asked about sewer hookup for his 8 Hawthorne property.
- Socha said W&S Commission not taking on cost but if Pincus wishes to do the engineering and estimate use and report to Commission — they will look at request for hookup.
- Canales said as part of I&I Town will look at expansion of sewer. May be 5-10-year process
- Pincus said to please accept that he is interested and wishes to be placed on agenda
Good advice. Photo: Patrick White