Vol. III No. 21 11/1/2022
Notes from the Finance Committee, October 26, Hybrid meeting
- Jay Bikofsky, Chair
- Jim Balfanz
- Steve Shatz
- Pamela Boudreau
- Ed Lane
- Jorja Marsden
- Diane Reuss
- Michael Canales, Town Administrator
- Patrick White, Select Board Chair
- Minutes approved as amended
- Finance Committee named Steve Shatz to a committee of the school board
- Chair listed expensive capital improvements on next budget: Main Street redesign, Curtisville Bridge, and dredging.
- Reuss said, "you cannot tax people to death — might have to hold back on some projects". Shatz suggested Canales prepare a "schedule of indebtedness"
- White said that there are funding sources to offset some of these costs, for example, for dredging, bridges and roads, and sewer. He is working diligently so that Stockbridge is eligible for those.
Photo: Susie Hirshfield