Vol. III No. 2 1/15/2022
Notes from the Water and Sewer Commission, January 4, Hybrid meeting
- Don Schneyer, Chair
- Peter Socha
Also present: Jennifer Carmichael, Secretary, Michael Buffoni, Water Superintendent, and Tony Campetti, Sewer Superintendent
- Minutes approved as written
- Annual inspection of the tops of Stockbridge's two water tanks will be done by "TC" (the full name of "TC" is not stated) from now on, and in addition he will seal small cracks
- There is a 132-page report from the engineer on Tuckerman Bridge. If presents an in-depth evaluation and offers three options to repair before there could be any further use. (The original plan was to have the bridge carry a water main)
- Park Street Pump Station construction will go out for bid February 16.
- Buffoni, as rep to the Stockbridge Bowl Stewardship Commission, reported SBSC is working on a lake management plan.
- Campetti reported letters to residents on Park Street sent, but he would rather delay home visits due to COVID 19 and unauthorized use has decreased since letters were sent. Campetti also reported the number of sump pumps increased.
- Residents on Averic Road are investigating if it is feasible to connect to Town sewer.
- Buffoni reported that budget items and special articles could be discussed next meeting. He suggested:
- Update water and sewer software
- Study of possible hydropower project (using moving water to generate electricity)
- Mandatory to repair crack in conduit on generator
- If the water line at the DeSisto School Property needs repair, Town may be responsible
Photo: Jay Rhind