Vol. III No. 6 3/15/2022
Notes from the Board of Assessors, March 7, Hybrid meeting
- Gary Pitney, Chair
- Doug Goudey
- Tammy Toupence, Town Assessor
- Blay mentioned "last abatement" finalized.
- Verizon New England and Mass Department of Revenue (DOR) reached an agreement. Municipalities are asked to sign on. If a municipality declines than has to do its own valuation. Motion to sign on — passed
- Payment to RRC going to Town Meeting for final approval.
- All Chapter lands have been reviewed.
- ABC forms due March 1, however, Tavitian Foundation, Austen Riggs, Kripalu and Laurel Hill association asked for extensions. ABC forms should include use of tax-exempt property to be sure use fits guidelines for tax exempt
- Discussion about making Hybrid meetings permanent.
- Chair moved meeting into executive session
Public Meeting adjourned
Editor's note: 1. Real Estate Research Consultants, Inc. (RRC) specializes in personal property appraisal and valuation. 2. Mass ABC tax forms are required of nonprofit organizations. 3. Forest land is defined under Chapter 61 (thus the abbreviation). Forest lands are treated differently under Mass Tax Code
Photo: Patrick White