Vol. III No. 8 4/15/2022
Notes from the Stockbridge Bowl Stewardship Commission (SBSC), April 1, Hybrid meeting
- Jamie Minacci, Chair
- Roxanne McCaffrey
- John Liodice
- Michael Buffoni
- Charlie Kenny via Zoom
- Pat Kennelly Stockbridge Bowl Association (SBA) via Zoom
- Jim Wilusz, Board of Health (BoH) via Zoom
- Minutes approved with one change from Charles Kenny, "please identify Commission members".
- Chair asked SBSC to go over SBSC priorities and take a formal vote to approve them
- McCaffrey said she shared priorities with the consultant GZA, and they returned with itcomments. She produced a spreadsheet with priorities and comments.
- After a long discussion, SBSC appeared to approve the consultant's priorities.
- Nathan asked if they had voted, and if so, on what they voted? Kenny asked what agenda item is the spreadsheet? Evidently it was unclear if SBSC gave the consultant direction, or if SBSC voted to approve the consultant's priorities?
- Pat Kennelly mentioned "actions and priorities", for example, SBA proposal to proceed with testing for herbicides this summer and dredging is not going to happen this year. "Timing and priorities may differ" — wanted to make clear that even if SBSC voted to approve dredging as the priority, SBA will test for milfoil and begin herbicide process in 2022 before dredging. That there is a difference between stated priority and what will happen.
- Wiltz added to list: NOT putting sump pump water in a septic tank or sewer
Photo: Patrick White