Vol. III No. 8 4/15/2022
Notes from the Stockbridge Cultural Council (SCC), April 6, Hybrid meeting
- Judith Wilkinson, Chair
- Joe Tonetti
- Terry Moore
- Janet Egelhofer
- Andrea Sholler
- Isabel Rose
- Barbara Cooperman via Zoom
- Rena Zurofsky via Zoom
- Selena Lamb via Zoom
- Maureen O'Hanlon via Zoom
- Chair recapped:
- 38 applications of which 21 were from the performing arts
- 26 granted of which 12 performing arts, 4 science, 2 social science, 2 literature, 2 health, and 4 others.
- Should Cultural Council give fewer, but larger grants?
- How does SCC attract more applications? Ads, Op-ed, Stockbridge Updates, Eagle, and Edge. Chair noticed one problem with Eagle, the grants were not listed in newspaper for a month.
- Posting online — minutes, criteria? Committee will state preference for application for projects that take place in Stockbridge, benefit Stockbridge, and produced by Stockbridge residents??
- Building awareness — posters, fliers, having table at Chamber Summer Crafts Show? Tables cost $250/each, but Chamber offered to have fliers or handouts at Chamber Table
- Funding Stockbridge programs
- Asking Town to support SCC?
- Having fundraising or program events as part of larger events; for example, a reading at the Memorial Day Picnic; photo exhibit in library; open mike at the Lion's Den; tie SCC event or fundraiser to Town events that many people attend — even including a handout at Town Meeting
- Chair called for committee to work on handout/flyer
- Committee approved the process they used at last awards meeting
Photo: Patrick White