Vol. IV No. 10 5/15/2023
Notes from Agriculture and Forestry, May 1, 2023
- Matt Boudreau, Chair
- Lisa Bozzuto
- Via Zoom Abby Fredsall and Erik Rasmussen
- Minutes from last meeting approved as written
- Stuart Kelsa hired as Farmer's Market director. The Market will be open for 6 weeks in late summer. It will be food-focused.
- A site visit of Stockbridge Mountain is required for the Stewardship Plan. Important to carry on stewardship initiative.
- Stockbridge will propose a Town Composting Program. Susan Waite from MA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) applauded the effort. She called it laudable because of all the uses there are for compost including enriching depleted soil. Waite added that Stockbridge is probably too small for a Recycling Dividend Program.
Photo: Gabrielle Murphy