Vol. IV No. 10 5/15/2023
Notes from the Stockbridge Bowl Stewardship Commission. April 28, 2023
- Roxanne McCaffrey, Chair
- Michael Nathan
- Sally Underwood-Miller
- Patrick White
- Gary Kleinerman
Editor's note: Jim Wilusz, Director, resigned — no rep from Tri-Town Health
- Minutes from March 31 approved as written
- Review elements of Public Awareness Program
- Proposed sign placement - at Town Beach, Boat Ramp, Dam, and ask Stockbridge Bowl Association for permission to place sign in Bullard Woods.
- White suggested placement of "loop maps" with the mileage
- Underwood-Miller regretted the number of dogs without leashes. White reminded McCaffrey that the last SB changed wording of bylaw from "leash required" to "required to control your dog"
- Lake and Pond Overlay Bylaw rules:
- Maintain 35-foot buffer from water's edge — helps lake and discourages geese.
- Do not remove dead trees — it is habitat for animals/birds.
- Only remove dead trees if hazardous.
- Contaminated boats — The Bowl has not had much of a problem — does have a boat wash by ramp
- Report of harvester — getting it into water earlier and enlarging area to be harvested — if possible
A favorite SU photographer goes to Greece. Photo: Joan Gallos