Vol. IV No. 14 7/15/2023
An advisory from National Grid
It is not National Grid on the phone, and it probably is a scam if....
- You are threatened with immediate service termination (this is NOT our procedure).
- The caller seeks payment when your account is current.
- The caller demands immediate payment by wire transfer or prepaid card (National Grid doesn't accept payment through these cards).
- The caller is someone you cannot identify.
- The caller can't provide the last five digits of your National Grid account number when asked. A National Grid representative will know it.
- Be careful and don't be scammed.
A Clement Climate
How very lucky we have been to enjoy earth's "clement climate". Is it now changing? What if the climate is becoming harsher? What if the weather is less predictable, the seasons less well defined, the winds stronger, the rain harder, the storms more destructive?
I went home before the fireworks on July 4 because of the lightning. On the one hand, it was Mother's Nature's light show. On the other hand, what will it mean to us if our climate is changing?
Photo: Jay Rhind