Vol. IV No. 1 1/1/2023
Notes from the Kampoosa Stewardship Committee, December 19. Hybrid meeting
- Laura Beasley, Chair (via Zoom)
- Arthur Dutil
- Lisa Bozzuto
- Louise Gashet
- Rich Bradway
- Minutes of November 21 meeting approved as written
- This was a work session for a new committee. Initial work:
- Collect data on the history of the first committee, cross-sharing history and documents from, for example, Natural Habitat Restoration Reports, and determining the present condition of Kampoosa from owners such as the Nature Conservancy
- Include "stake holders" as committee members or partners — for example property abutters — one present via Zoom and pleased to be invited — to let them know the Kampososa Committee is "back in business"
- Share history and documents with stakeholders
- Write a Mission statement — so the committee can communicate: "Here is who we are and what we are trying to accomplish"
- Others contacted: Berkshire Natural Resources Council, Mass Wildlife Office, Tennessee Gas (no response), Lee Land Trust (no response), Natural Heritage and Endangered Species program, etc.
- Bradway suggested digitizing information for easier access and recommended a program he may buy for Stockbridge Land Trust
- Kampoosa is an Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC) and the committee wants
- To know what is going on now and what has gone on in years since last Kampoosa Committee folded
- To write a clear mission statement — what they will do
- Resource management — who is doing what now for benefit or study of Kampoosa
- Guidelines for abutters
Photo: Patrick White