Vol. IV No. 2 1/15/2023
Notes from the Board of Assessors, January 9, Hybrid meeting
- Gary Pitney, Chair, Abigail Fredsall, Doug Goudy
- Tom Stokes via Zoom
- Michael Blay, Assessor
- Tammy Toupence, Secretary
- Peter Strauss
- January 19 — deadlines for tax bills to be paid and abatement request filed
- Goudy reminded everyone even if applying for abatement, one payment has to be made
- Requests for tax exemption must be mailed by end of January — for exemptions due to nonprofit status. New addition to form to be filled out. The Assessor will ask for current use of any buildings owned by a nonprofit
- Blay explained a use for Overlay funds: in addition to making up any shortfall from unpaid taxes, the fund was used to pay cost of upgrading and converting data.
- Stokes and Strauss reported that, with help of Patrick White, Chair SB, they completed form for the Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) forms to be sent to nonprofits
- The forms will be sent out soon but White suggested since Tanglewood is undergoing administrative changes (upper management quit) PILOT Committee wait to send those forms until new staff hired.
Photo: Lionel Delevingne