Vol. IV No. 5 3/1/2023
Notes from the Agriculture and Forestry Commission (AFC), February 6, Hybrid meeting
- Matt Boudreau, Chair
- Lisa Bozzuto
- Shelby Marshall
- Abigail Fredsall, Erik Rasmussen via Zoom
- Michael Canales, Town Administrator
- Sally Underwood-Miller, representing ConCom via Zoom
- January 9 minutes approved as written.
- Canales posted an ad for a director of the Stockbridge Farmer's Market.
- Discussion of trees near and around waterways including Stockbridge Bowl
- No removal without ConCom approval
- ConCom requests replacement trees and that those replacements be native trees
- No chemicals should be used around waterways
- Suggest that AFC prepare a list of these simple rules on one sheet of paper to be passed out at TM
- Underwood-Miller mentioned an alarming assertion that a high rate of cancer in dogs is occurring and is apparently due to chemicals (PCB and creosote) combining for greater toxicity.
- Marshall is coordinating tours of forests adjacent to watershed
- Prepare stewardship plans for Ice Glen, Gould Meadows, and Stockbridge Mountain.
- Put up signage for Ice Glen
- Annual report and budget due (no money needed)
Photo: Joan Gallos