Vol. IV No. 5 3/1/2023
Notes from the Board of Assessors (BOA), February 21, Hybrid meeting
- Gary Pitney, Chair
- Doug Goudey
- Tom Stokes
- Michael Blay, Assessor
- Tammy Toupence, Secretary
- Peter Strauss via Zoom
- Necessary changes to online map (for example change in name of owner/tax payer), BOA budget, and annual report will all be complete by end of week.
- Vehicle excise tax bills mailed this week.
- Abatements and exemptions decision made — Berkshire Scenic Railway application for nonprofit exemption declined.
- Stockbridge has "no uncollectables"
- Plan to discuss alternative to Residential Tax Exemption (RTE) postponed so Blay can get answers to questions he has for TC and to prepare a spread sheet.
- Reporting for Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT), Stokes and Strauss "tweaked" a questionnaire that they will ask a sample of nonprofits, selected businesses and second homeowners to fill out. It will be reviewed by SB and in a public meeting. Strauss added that the nonprofits were selected because they charge admission. Tanglewood was not included due to current leadership upheaval — include later.
Photo: Jay Rhind