Vol. IV No. 5 3/1/2023
Notes from the Conservation Commission (ConCom), February 14, Hybrid meeting
- Ron Brouker, Chair
- Joe DeGiorgis
- John Hart
- Lisa Bozzuto
- Jamie Minacci
- Sally Underwood-Miller
- Chuck Kohrer
- William Loutrel
- 104 Interlaken — rather than a hearing, this was a discussion and setting a date for site visit. Underwood-Miller explained there was trouble placing the notice in The Berkshire Eagle.
- Former RJ and Brigette MacDonald property — last permit issued 1991.
- Land within the Lake and Pond Overlay District (LPOD) to be disturbed.
- Loss of 1000 sq ft of LPOD buffer zone
- Performance Standards not completed as Town Counsel had objections.
- Meet with her and get issues resolved.
- For example, why cut out part that demanded the contractor sign the plans because 90% of problems due to contractor not building what was approved.
- Next meeting get a final version.
- Underwood-Miller concerned about PCBs combining with creosote and becoming "many times more toxic" — reports of dogs living near river dying of cancer.
Photo: Lionel Delevingne