Vol. IV No. 5 3/1/2023
Notes from Water and Sewer Commission, February 14, Hybrid meeting
- Don Schneyer, Chair
- Peter Socha
- Jennifer Carmichael, Secretary
- Patrick White
- Michael Canales, Town Administrator and Tony Campetti, Superintendent Sewer Department via Zoom
- Canales put justification of water and sewer rates on a screen share. The rate should equal the costs including indirect costs. In both cases, Stockbridge collects more than it needs/spends. However, Canales said, it is within acceptable limits. Income is 10% over costs — $39-40,000 in dollars.
- Campetti reported:
- Camera work for Phase 3 of Influx and Infiltration (I&I) study done.
- Items for this year's budget: Phase 4 of I&I, new sludge pump (20 years old), two new wastewater pumps (10 years old), and do a sewer-needs assessment (where to put new sewer lines and in what order)
- Total cost $358,000 — use American Rescue Program (ARPA) funds? No because want to use contractor they have been working with and ARPA requires bids. Sewer Surplus Account has $358,000 so have money on hand to do it all — spend down Surplus fund.
- Expenditures still have to be approved at Town Meeting
- Water report — safety controls being installed — GPS, hydrants, and water shut offs, etc.
Photo: Blue Moon Images/Dana Goedewaagen