Vol. IV No. 6 3/15/2023
Notes from the follow-up Community Preservation Committee (CPC), March 3, Hybrid meeting
- Sally Underwood-Miller, Chair
- Tom Stokes
- Patrick White
- Gary Pitney
- Linda Jackson
- Jay Bikofsky
- Carole Owens
- Members from the Affordable Housing Trust (AHT)
- Minutes approved as written.
- Chesterwood requested $20,000 of total $115,000 needed to restore garden wall. Approved.
- Stockbridge Bowl Association of the $16,500 request for kiosk, clearl invasives and identify old growth trees in Bullard Woods, $11,500 approved.
- Stockbridge Land Trust — "up to $300,000 approved with balance dedicated to open space" approved. Owens made a plea to reword motion to grant "up to $300,000 to Stockbridge Land Trust with balance placed in an undesignated account rather than open space account so as not to tie CPC's hands. No action.
- Request from Pine Woods was not written by Pine Woods. Owner of property has to submit the proposal or append a letter agreeing to the work. Not considered.
- Affordable Housing Trust request for $50,000 for evaluation and condition report of Pine Woods. Approval contingent upon AHT getting written approval from Construct Inc.
Editor's Note: Only the property owner can grant access to property and approve changes to the property. In the case of Pine Woods, the owner is Construct, Inc., not the Town.
Photo: Bill Bean