Vol. IV No. 7 4/1/2023
Notes from the Board of Assessors, March 20, Hybrid meeting
- Gary Pitney, Chair
- Doug Goudey
- Tammy Toupence, Secretary
- Michael Blay, Assessor
- Tom Stokes and Peter Strauss via Zoom
- Should Board recommend change to a higher amount in the exemptions, is the amount too low? Waiting for recommendation from Town Counsel.
- Deed and map changes submitted. Could save money with consultants if stop sending deeds. No vote
- ABC forms and Forms of Lists due March 1 — three or more not submitted.
- Stokes and Strauss reported via Zoom on PILOT (Payments in Lieu of Taxes). It was a positive report — questionnaires submitted to nonprofits and two interviews completed. Strauss pointed out that these are nonprofits that comply with PILOT and future interviews may not be as pleasant. Stokes will miss Town Meeting deadline but hopes to be done by July 1. Although he is not running for position on Board of Assessors, he would like to complete work on PILOT.
Photo: Lionel Delevingne